Marketing Automation Specialist
This new role will provide the right candidate with access to premium tools to execute our marketing plan in concert with the executive leadership team. You should have a desire to embrace a multi-channel approach to marketing with an emphasis on Marketing Automation.
About the role
The Marketing Automation Specialist function is a new position within Marketing Cube that has been created in response to the growing demand for Oracle Marketing Cloud. Based in The Rocks, Sydney* office, the role will have a two-fold purpose:
- Our internal Marketing efforts, including joint campaigns with business partners – 80% of your time.
- Customer enablement and training – 20% of your time.
Our internal marketing
This role will be responsible for supporting the Marketing Cube brand, ensuring it appeals to a wide range of marketing professionals and showcases our connected capabilities.
You’ll manage, develop and execute marketing campaigns across a wide range of channels including email, web, social media and SMS. Furthermore, you will be able to deliver all of this in a way that demonstrates our Eloqua marketing automation expertise to our prospects and customers.
You’ll have a background in digital marketing, with a strong discipline for brand management and creating seamless customer experiences. You’ll have a passion for communication and customer/stakeholder engagement and will work within a small and agile team.
A keen desire to develop your career in the Marketing Automation space is essential, and to get exposure to a broad variety of SMB and Enterprise prospects and clients across AsiaPac.
You will be able to identify campaign opportunities, design them, write the copy and work with the team to deliver those campaigns. Your focus will be on net-new contacts e.g. lead generation and lead nurturing.
There will be a degree of event management support needed, calling registered attendees to secure their attendance. This would require attendance at monthly breakfast or evening events held outside typical workday hours.
This role will own and develop a series of regular campaigns, they are as follows:
- Our newsletter “Outside the Cube” – delivered every 30-45 days
- Eloqua User Group Webinar – delivered once a month
- You will use ReadyTalk webinar integrated with Eloqua
- A blog post is produced each month following the user group
- Oracle Marketing Lab
- A series of evening events targeting prospects and customers around more strategic topics aligned with marketing automation.
- Blog Subscription – delivered every 45-60 days.
Additional campaigns are run on a less rigid timing schedule:
- Important Updates from Oracle Marketing Cloud
- Partner communications
- Partner driven events
Ultimately, you’ll play a key role as a guardian of the Marketing Cube brand and the promotion of this to new leads and prospects as well as existing customers, so you’ll need to be proactive in coming up with new campaign ideas and phasing out old ones as required.
- Strong English communication skills.
- Ability to author and edit copy for campaigns e.g. emails, landing pages and social posts.
- Creative – able to design campaigns and think outside the box about methods to engage people further.
- Creative – have an eye for design, be able to follow branded templates and identify on or off-brand assets.
- Job duties are varied and sometimes complex, so you need to be comfortable making independent judgments.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Curiosity and ability to follow trends and developments in marketing automation space.
- Needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques.
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing market.
- Enthusiastic and eager to learn.
- Discovery, positioning and prospecting skills i.e. sales skills.
- High-quality presentation skills.
Australian citizens and permanent residents will only be considered for this role.
You have to love data
It’s not possible to be a marketer today without having a love affair with data. It’s through the data you have that you deliver unique customer experiences.
Big Data discussions have filled the email in-boxes or marketers for at least the past five years. Whether the data organisations use comes from the CRM, ERP, website or legacy systems, you need to understand how these data sources can help enhance modern digital marketing campaigns.
This role will require you to have an understanding of data models and how they work. This doesn’t mean you need to have an uber technical background, but you need to get excited about data and be naturally inquisitive about how data works.
This role does not have direct reports. This role is about developing you further.
More about the role & Marketing Cube
Marketing Cube is based in The Rocks, Sydney. We’re a small, culturally diverse team. Since 2007 we’ve supported organisations like American Express, Lend Lease, LexisNexis, BMW, MINI, CBRE, Honda Motorbikes & Power Equipment and others.
Each team member brings a specific set of skills to their role, you will bring a clear understanding of digital marketing, you may even be a “digital native”.
We try to listen, far more than we talk.
What about experience?
So many job ads call for 5+ years experience in a job role. From our point of view, that would be great.
However, the dynamic and changing environment of digital marketing and specifically Social Media Marketing makes it almost impossible to find anyone who has 5+ years of experience.
If you believe you have the skills and the desire to really make this role happen, we’d like to hear from you.
As a mid-size business, we have the flexibility of providing various options as a career path. You can play a role in the development of this career path. The two roles below are career path options for this role.
Eloqua End User Training & Enablement
The successful candidate will be expected to co-deliver Eloqua end-user training workshops within 6-8 months of commencing with this role. They should be able to run end-user training sessions independently within 12 months.
Customer Success Manager
Our work with external customers covers the delivery of services based on Oracle Marketing Cloud as well as consulting services to help them execute their digital marketing strategies.
The eventual consulting services offered by this role will be within the framework of our Customer Success program. A defined method of engagement to assist customers post their implementation of Oracle Marketing Cloud.
- You need to be a permanent Australian resident as we are not currently in a position to sponsor applicants.
- The role is based in Sydney, it’s a full-time role.
- We’re an equal opportunity employer.
- We’re essentially an Apple Mac house, but if you really want a PC we may be able to help 🙂
- The role will require face to face interactions with customers. This may include some interstate travel from time to time.