1. Retargeting / Sequential messaging
The most obvious use case for a cross device DMP is retargeting. With the ability to match a prospect or customer across their multiple devices, marketers can continue to engage their audience with the most relevant messaging based on where they are in their journey, and help progress them down the funnel.
The most savvy marketers will tailor messaging to tell a compelling story over multiple exposures that create value propositions to increase the likelihood of conversion.
Let’s use the example of someone looking for a home loan. They may begin their journey on a mobile phone while on their train to work. They start by clicking on a website’s home loan link, then choosing a fixed or variable rate followed by the period for the loan. And they may do all of this using a tool such as a loan calculator.
With a longer decision cycle for an offering like this, there is a good chance that they will need to do more research and comparisons before they are ready to apply. With all the digital body language that you have captured in this first mobile exposure, you are well set up to target that same user on a desktop at their lunch break when they may do more research.
If they did a Google search with a generic term like “home loans”, imagine the advantage you would have over your competitors if you could give that same user a hyper-relevant paid search ad highlighting the exact type of rate and term length they seem to be most interested in, versus your competitors’ generic one size fits all messaging.
You can target prospects with a highly relevant message across social media, paid search, video, display advertising and even website experience personalisation with dynamic content.
2. Prospecting and extending reach with lookalike modeling.
With the ability to upload your own 1st party data to a DMP, you are able to segment your audiences based on any criteria such demographics, age, location or performance metrics like ROI.
If you are using a DMP such as Oracle’s BlueKai DMP in Australia, you have access to over 60 million unique device ID profiles. You can segment for any best performing audience and essentially tell the DMP, “Go find me more unique prospects to target who will convert like this audience”
3. “Unsubscribe” is not the end of the road!
If you are using email marketing automation such as Oracle’s Eloqua, unsubscribes may seem like the end of engagement with your brand.
However, with an integration like Oracle’s Bluekai Data Management Platform and Eloqua, you can still target this audience across channels such as display, paid search, and social with relevant advertising using previously known Digital Body Language™ to increase relevance and engagement.
4. Global Frequency Capping
To avoid creative fatigue, set a hard frequency cap to limit total exposures across all of a prospect’s devices.
If you’re doing everything right in terms of personalising the message and serving it at the right times in the right places and they’re still not ready to buy, you’ll be doing your budget a favour by giving this prospect a break for a while.
5. Connect offline purchases to online exposure and engagement to understand the full value of your advertising and marketing activities.
Coming soon to the Oracle Bluekai DMP will be the ability to upload offline/in-store purchases and correlate them to online exposure and engagement. Prospects may do research, watch videos and download materials online, only to then make purchases at brick and mortar locations.
Having the ability to correlate online behavior with offline purchases allows Marketers to gauge the effectiveness of all the marketing efforts and then optimise accordingly.
Below you’ll find a list of some of the capabilities of the Oracle Bluekai Data Management Platform
- A cross device/cross channel Data Management Platform that can integrate existing Oracle products such as Eloqua with your website, email, paid search, social, display, video, and mobile marketing activities.
- Algorithmic based probabilistic user matching across devices
- 60 Million unique device IDs in Australia, over 700 million globally, with Device ID Graphing to allow the targeting of specific devices.
- 39k audience segments available
- Retargeting capability
- Lookalike modeling available to increase reach to more unique users who are likely to convert similarly to your best performing audience segments.
- Global frequency capping to limit exposures across all of a user’s devices