Marketing Automation Consultant
Modern Marketers face numerous challenges in this modern Cloud based world of technology. The speed of change is significant and buyer’s are in control of the journey they take in order to purchase products or services.
The role - Marketing Automation Consultant
The Marketing Automation Consultant function is a new position within Marketing Cube that has been created in response to the growing demand for Oracle Marketing Cloud Eloqua. Based in the The Rocks, Sydney* office, the role will have a two-fold purpose:
- Customer Success – 80% of your time working with customers post implementation.
- Our own internal Marketing efforts – 20% of your time, including joint campaigns with business partners.
The eventual consulting services offered by this role will be within the framework of our Customer Success program. A defined method of engagement to assist customers post their implementation of Oracle Eloqua Marketing Cloud.
This function will be responsible for the delivery of marketing automation campaigns via Oracle Eloqua Marketing Cloud and Oracle Social Relationship Management platforms.
The Consultant will have a good understanding of modern marketing theory with a passion for communication and customer/stakeholder engagement. You will work with a small and agile team.
The Consultant should have a desire to enter the Marketing Automation space with the view to be exposed to a variety of SMB and Enterprise prospects and clients across Australia and New Zealand.
An excellent phone manner and a commercial view of services and the impact of your decisions is key.
There will be a degree of event management support needed, calling registered attendees to secure their attendance. This would require attendance at a monthly Meetup held from 6:00pm – 8:00pm typically on the first Thursday of each month.
- Discovery, positioning and prospecting social tools (sales skills/experience).
- High quality presentation skills.
- Job duties normally are varied and sometimes complex, so you need to be comfortable making independent judgments.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques.
- Creative – able to design social campaigns and think outside the box.
- Ability to adapt to an ever changing market.
- Curiosity and ability to follow trends and developments in social media as it lives in the digital marketing space, customer need to see you as their “go to” person on what’s now.
- Enthusiastic and eager to learn.
- Knowledge of competitive Social Marketing solutions currently available in the marketplace (experience in using one or more tools is desirable).
- You need to be a permanent Australian resident as we are not currently in a position to sponsor applicants.
- The role is based in Sydney, it’s a full time role.
- We’re an equal opportunity employer.
- We’re essentially an Apple Mac house, but if you really want a PC we may be able to help 🙂
- The role will require face to face interactions with customers. This may include some interstate travel from time to time.
You have to love data
It’s not possible to be a marketer today without having a love affair with data. It’s through the data you have that you deliver unique customer experiences.
Big Data discussions have filled the email in-boxes or marketers for at least the past five years. Whether the data organisations use comes from the CRM, ERP, Website or legacy systems, you need to understand how these data sources can help enhance modern digital marketing campaigns.
This role will require you to have an understanding of data models and how they work. This doesn’t mean you need to have an uber technical background, but you need to get excited about data and be naturally inquisitive about how data works.
More about the role & Marketing Cube
Marketing Cube is based in The Rocks, Sydney. We’re a small, culturally diverse team. Since 2007 we’ve supported organisations like American Express, Lend Lease, LexisNexis, BMW, MINI, CBRE, Honda Motorbikes & Power Equipment and others.
Each team member brings a specific set of skills to their role, you will bring a clear understanding digital marketing, you may even be a “digital native”. You should feel comfortable sitting senior marketing executives and providing direction around the Oracle Marketing Cloud range of products.
We try to listen, far more than we talk.
What about experience?
So many job ads call for 5+ years experience in a job role. From our point of view, that would be great.
However the dynamic and changing environment of digital marketing and specifically Social Media Marketing makes it almost impossible to find anyone who has 5+ years experience.
If you believe you have the skills and the desire to really make this role happen, we’d like to hear from you. Please click on the on the Submit Your Details button below.